Saturday 18 February 2012

The Designer Wedding Show: My top Picks!

Now that Valentines Day Mayhem has subsided, I can tell you about the wonderful Designer Wedding Show, which I attended last Sunday.

This show, which takes place in Battersea Park, has always been one of my favourite wedding shows as I feel that it has a gentle, calm and refined atmosphere. It is extremely different to some of the mainstream wedding shows, some of which feel a little like hypermarkets when compared to this event.

There was a huge range of wedding exhibitors and sadly I did not get a chance to speak to them all. Here are my top picks:

1. Bridal Couture: Sassi Holford

credit: Segerius Bruce

Sassi Holford's designs combine the traditional with the edgy and are the perfect choice for today's chic bride.  The fabrics were divine, and I was impressed by the numerous options for a bride who wanted a range of colours, such as champagne/gold. http://www.sassiholford.com/

2. Wedding Jewellery: Hermione Harbutt



My inner magpie, coupled with my love for intricate handiwork drew me to the stand of Hermione Harbutt. Her designs are timeless, meaning that they are wonderful pieces to hold on to for generations. Two things are apparent when you look at her products. Firstly it is immediately clear how much effort and passion has gone into the production of each item. Secondly, the materials used are of the utmost quality, meaning that they will last! Hermione has recently launched The Diamond Service, which can be explored here: http://www.hermioneharbutt.co.uk/

3. Bridesmaid's Services: Maids to Measure


What is not to love about the wonderful bridesmaid service from Maids to Measure? For starters, Sinclair, who is one half of the pair behind this brand, is an ex-lawyer like yours truly. Their dresses combine great quality with affordable pricing. Best of all, the design process can be done entirely by the bride and her bridesmaids, meaning that you can create bespoke dresses for your exact requirements! Cue happy bridesmaids and happy bride! Find them at http://www.maidstomeasure.com/

4. Event Planners: By Appointment Only Design




If asked to name one stand at the show that had an immediate WOW factor, it would have to be the stunning display of By Appointment Only Design. Their stand featured the most gorgeous blooms in various pastel hues. My favourite aspect was the floral table runner, which was pretty enough to make me want to get married all over again!! Their beautiful work can be seen at http://www.byappointmentonlydesign.com/

5. Wedding Stationery: Intricate Create 



"Intricate Creations" was born when a wonderful couple decided to fill a gap in the market, one which became apparent when they were planning their own wedding! Their designs are the perfect fusion of East and West,  and their finishing is just exquisite. I have always been a fan of their huge range of colours and styles. Just when I think they have nailed it, they show me one of their latest products which surpasses my already high opinion of their work. Their laser-cut wooden table plan that was on display at the show just blew my mind! Check them out at http://www.intricatecreations.co.uk/

6. Venue: The May Fair



If I had to sum up this venue in 3 words, I would say Glamorous, Luxurious and Unique. I had my pre-wedding party in the Crystal Room of this gorgeous hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. Look out for the awesome Baccarat chandelier in the middle of this grand space. I have previously blogged about a spa break my husband and I enjoyed at the hotel last year: 

7. Marquee: The Raj Tent Club

I met the team from Raj Tent Club back in 2010 at a wedding show I was exhibiting at, and instantly fell in love with their colourful and decorative marquees. When I got married later on that year, I was lucky enough to have one of their marquees in the back garden of my parents house, which was a great place for us to relax, eat, drink and perform some of the wedding traditions that were done at home during my 6-event wedding extravaganza! It was also where I attempted to sit still for 3 hours getting my henna done! They provided us with a range of traditional furniture which all complemented the marquee beautifully. I loved that marquee so much! Here is a pic of the pavilion marquee we had as well as some pictures of me in the marquee on the morning of my Sikh wedding day!! 


                                  




Right, enough reminiscing!! In summary, it was a pleasure to meet so many fabulous wedding suppliers as well as to watch the floaty romantic gowns that graced the catwalk shows. I am already excited about next year's show!

Harpreet

No comments:

Post a Comment